Check Out Our Shop
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Interesting comments from Greg on wyntv. He pulled no punches

Sent from my SM-S711W using TGR Forums mobile app

That was a fun one. Are Finn and Tahnée an item? I can’t think of another reason for all the reaction shots of her during his run.

Loic’s reaction to hearing he won the overall was awesome. And props to Vali’s post-race interview. She’s grown up a lot in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Oh, and compared to the FloSports broadcast, Rick (?) and Gwin were a breath of fresh air.
    X100.
    But, Fuck Rick. Fuck Rick switch to the road. The other guy who replaced him before was actually at the race, but apparently some idiot thinks Rick is the man. That fucker adds not nothing to the broadcast of value. I have more fun talking to ChatGPT.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Are Finn and Tahnée an item? I can’t think of another reason for all the reaction shots of her during his run.
    Yea, they talked about it on the Vital Podcast. Apparently “leaked” on IG for those who follow. Kudos to Finn for punching above his weight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

man, I personally hate mud races. Obviously some of the runs are amazing but it doesn't allow every rider to go full gas with those crazy slim margins. That's racing, but I'd still rather see balls to the wall dry course racing.

I’ve had Minaar on my fantasy team the past two races - was hoping for a storybook miracle from the GOAT. Alas it wasn’t meant to be. Gonna swap to Finn for MSA.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’ve had Minaar on my fantasy team the past two races - was hoping for a storybook miracle from the GOAT. Alas it wasn’t meant to be. Gonna swap to Finn for MSA.
    I'm kinda thinking I might add Gwin to my team for MSA for the same sort of reason. After Minnaar, I think Gwin is the 2nd oldest guy on the circuit. Once Minnaar retires, Gwin's gonna have to hold it down for the old guys.

Minaar winning at MSA would be all-time.

But yeah - Gwin winning, while not as momentous, would still be really amazing to see.

Guess I identify with the old guys for some reason

A classic Gwinning may coax Greg to postpone retirement. Win win

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    man, I personally hate mud races. Obviously some of the runs are amazing but it doesn't allow every rider to go full gas with those crazy slim margins. That's racing, but I'd still rather see balls to the wall dry course racing.
    I don't hate them, but yeah, you articulate why I prefer dry or not mud. The course changes, ruts blow out in both scenarios, but it seems accentuated in the mud/ or near full mud but on a hard base like this past weekend.

I'm still rooting for Dak to pull one out this season.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Last world cup of the season! Weather looks good, most of the field is present and healthy, and the leaves are popping.

I always like the last race of the season - plenty of guys/girls whose contracts for next year aren't inked yet, trying to put it all on the line for a good result. And especially with the overall title already wrapped up for both men and women, it feels like we could see some unusual candidates on the podium. Will Dakota finally keep his shit together? Is Gwin back? Is Richie Rude gonna pull a Martin Maes? Is Stevens-Mcnab gonna cement his position in the top tier or blow up spectacularly? Is Brosnan faster from having 2 months off, or slower because he's a dad now? Is Minnaar gonna pull out something special for his last world cup race? Are the enduro ladies (Courdurier, Harnden) gonna contend?

Should be some great racing!

I'm not putting either of them on my team, but you gotta figure Loic and Vali are going to go scorched earth on this one. Overall in the bag. Potential is high for shaming the fields. Or explodered.

I dunno. Sometimes loic seems like he eases off a bit if there isn't something bigger (worlds, overall, etc.) on the line. Which is not to say that he'll go slow, just maybe riding at 98%, not 99.9%.

Vali always pushes though.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I feel like Fin is going to put a lot of pressure on himself to win again, which I'm guessing to 75% chance of explodering.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the enduro guys / gals go all in, trying to get a feeling for where they would stack up if they switch. Season is done, so as long as they don't really hurt themselves, not a lot of risk. Hattie & Richie are my bets on the best enduro results.

I don’t think Finn won a WC until he stopped thinking it was his turn to win a WC. Mental game unstable.
    Banging Tahnee ain’t gonna help him focus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I feel like Fin is going to put a lot of pressure on himself to win again, which I'm guessing to 75% chance of explodering.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the enduro guys / gals go all in, trying to get a feeling for where they would stack up if they switch. Season is done, so as long as they don't really hurt themselves, not a lot of risk. Hattie & Richie are my bets on the best enduro results.
    Is enduro going to exist next year or in two years? It sucks, because I think it is where the majority of innovation in technology has been happening, but it is a tough event to sell on TV.

It’s on the calendar for next year, at least.

I figure enduro will kind of go the way of marathon. It still happens, there are plenty of pros that specialize in it, and it still means something to win it. But it doesn't get anywhere near the publicity of xc and dh, and contracts for the pros that race it are considerably less lucrative.

I'm fine with that. Enduro was never particularly tv friendly, and all the efforts to make it more tv friendly detracted from the races. They went from touring around the world at all kinds of super cool venues with rad trails to just having multi stage dh races in established bike parks, because they needed that infrastructure for the coverage. I'll take a return to great venues over better coverage.

Agree
    That said, I’ll always remember Marshall Olsen in here declaring that the future of wheel sizes would be 29er on XC bikes, 27.5” on All Mountain bikes, and 26” on DH bikes. Made a ton of sense at the time.
    Whatever we predict, we’ll be wrong.

Amaury out with broken fingers, lame.

How many times did Max Alran tuck the front wheel, in the rock garden , only to just ride out like it aint no thang? Kid was just floating down the track. Tyler probably lost 3 seconds but def not 8

Looks like Tyler was down 4+ seconds after split one from Max, his split 4 was on par with Max give or take I think?

Solid race. Hard to say how much the weather was a factor. It was kinda surprising how far off the pace some guys were, but Troy, Lachie, etc. clearly showed that good times were still possible.

Wasn't quite the cap on the season I'd hoped for, but still an enjoyable watch.

that’s how I’d rate it too.

Unrelated question: is Sam Gaze mostly famous for being Sam Gaze? When I watch XC, it’s usually the XCO. Sometimes I’ll watch XCC early in the season when I’m desperate for some mountain bike racing, but it’s rare. Anyway, I notice the commentators commonly point out Sam Gaze when he’s on camera, and he’s always mid-pack.

Ten races next year.

I fucking loved that Race!
    Totally stoked for Marine. The most consistently underrated top rider.
    Absolutely stoked for Troy. I watched him almost win at Snowshoe a few years ago when Loic took it from him. Such a great rider, and such a class act. Go home, have a baby, get your priorities straight, come back, dominate.
    Glad Laurie didn't win a just-because-of-weather race. Love the guy, but don't want him saddled with that.
    Would love to have seen Lachie win one, but too happy for Troy! And with the year he's had, he's a hot ticket going into '25!

Think what you guys want, that was a solid race. And I forgot to save my Vital fantasy team!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Think what you guys want, that was a solid race. And I forgot to save my Vital fantasy team!
    If it makes you feel any better, I had Troy on my PB team, but I got nervous and dumped him for luca shaw.