Check Out Our Shop
Page 276 of 279 FirstFirst ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 6966
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IME its a good idea to get the HW removed in case you break it again which happened to me and yeah the HW removal is way less painful than when it was put in .
    Interesting re plate removal. Friend of mine broke hers once plated one and seemingly did ok I think!?! Will consider getting it removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Interesting re plate removal. Friend of mine broke hers once plated one and seemingly did ok I think!?! Will consider getting it removed.

well ya the pro said to me " we can see you already got something in there " it was just a screw but they didn't want to chance hitting it with a rod so they did a plate, I got the plate and all the HW out about 9 months later and I think that was a good idea., so they will say you don't need to get the HW out but you never know what you will fuck up down the road, I heard anecdotaly some fuckup on a harley who fell on a broken leg with a rod it so the whole fucking leg & rod bent now what do you do ??

SO IMO/ IME you wana get all the HW out just say it hurts or SFT ,

even tho i was sposed to ride the wheel chair post op I walked out of recovery so it definalty ain't bad
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've got my appointment to get hardware in my clavicle on Tuesday. Any recommendations for pain management? Is it no big deal? I'd love to avoid any sort of serious pills afterwards, especially since I'm trying to go back to work pretty much right away.

They should do a nerve block that’ll last 24-48 hours. Then I took oxycodone for a few days, then naproxen OR ibuprofen plus Tylenol. I tend to like naproxen/Alleve over ibuprofen just because it lasts longer but you can’t take it WITH ibuprofen. You can take Tylenol with either of those though. . Also ice is nice. You can prolly get by without the oxy, or just take it at night.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, flying through the air

They're drilling a bunch of holes through bone, so expect some pain. I recall my first 1-2 days being pretty rough at times. After that it gets better quickly.

I lived with my hardware for 8 years, mostly for financial reasons. Finally got it out last year and have been very happy about it. If I had waited much longer it may not have been possible. Bone loves Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    I've got my appointment to get hardware in my clavicle on Tuesday. Any recommendations for pain management? Is it no big deal? I'd love to avoid any sort of serious pills afterwards, especially since I'm trying to go back to work pretty much right away.
    Everyone is different, but all I needed post surgery was Advil/Tylenol. I filled the script for the oxy or whatever it was and didn't use one. That was a waste of $.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Everyone is different, but all I needed post surgery was Advil/Tylenol. I filled the script for the oxy or whatever it was and didn't use one. That was a waste of $.
    I’ve had plates in and out of both collarbones.

First surgery I had oxy and hated it. Didn’t actually seem to do much for pain, just made me feel crap.

Since then it’s been Tramadol for the first day or so and then just maxing on Tylenol and Advil.

So far no Perc/oxy 48 hrs post op. Maxing Tylenol + Motrin simultaneously around the clock and icing it every hour.

Nerve block is mostly still intact, but have felt the effects slowly waning.

Trying to stay off the hard stuff as I also don’t particularly like the feeling of it, but will oblige if it gets that bad.

After 6 days of hydromorphine post ACL I really did NOT like how Tramadol made me feel so I stopped using it pretty quick and went with the extra strength IBU

I took the Tramadol back to the pharmacist who said "you should have sold this on the street ! " we always make jokes

Thanks all. Sounds like it may be possible to tough it out without the heavy duty stuff afterwards. Definitely looking forward to not being able to feel bones shift around in my shoulder.

I broke my once, plated it, broke it again right at the end of the plate. Funny story, I'm in to see the doc a few years later for something else and he starts telling me of a guy who broke his collarbone twice, second time right at the plate. I said, "Doc, that was me". We both laughed.

Also, Gimp room, jongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It is long past time to put a end by date on WSAs, reach a consensus and move the fuck on.
    WSAs are the USFS at it's worst. The very definition of an illegal land grab.
    They lack the support for wilderness designation so they slap on a WSA. "It's just a study, right?" Who can argue with doing a study?
    Except that they "temporarily" ban all users during said "study".
    Ten years later the study shows there are no users that would be affected by the wilderness designation.

Yeah, because you ILLEGALLY BANNED US TEN YEARS AGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    WSAs are the USFS at it's worst. The very definition of an illegal land grab.
    They lack the support for wilderness designation so they slap on a WSA. "It's just a study, right?" Who can argue with doing a study?
    Except that they "temporarily" ban all users during said "study".
    Ten years later the study shows there are no users that would be affected by the wilderness designation.

Yeah, because you ILLEGALLY BANNED US TEN YEARS AGO.
    Somewhat amusingly, we have a WSA near us that's effectively the opposite. They designated it a WSA decades ago, but bikes and snowmobiles were still allowed. So skip forward to present times and of course the wilderness groups want it to be designated as recommended wilderness or actual Wilderness. But they're effectively admitting that decades of bike and snowmobile use hasn't degraded the "wilderness character" of the area since they still see the area as worthy of a wilderness designation.

The forest service, to their dubious credit, just said fuck it, we're leaving everything how it is. WSA stays in place, bikes and snowmobiles still allowed. Which is fine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unitofstuff View Post
    Thanks all. Sounds like it may be possible to tough it out without the heavy duty stuff afterwards. Definitely looking forward to not being able to feel bones shift around in my shoulder.
    Post ACL for the 1st 24 hr I was a hero, i didnt need the drugs until the nerve block wore off

IME/IMO DO NOT TRY TO BE A HERO get on the good meds before the nerve block wears off and at that same time get on the laxitive or you will end up constipated and in pain for at least a day until the good stuff kicks in

after a week I was ok without Hydro morphine or Tramadol just the IBU

Trail wasn't even that overgrown....

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Somewhat amusingly, we have a WSA near us that's effectively the opposite. They designated it a WSA decades ago, but bikes and snowmobiles were still allowed. So skip forward to present times and of course the wilderness groups want it to be designated as recommended wilderness or actual Wilderness. But they're effectively admitting that decades of bike and snowmobile use hasn't degraded the "wilderness character" of the area since they still see the area as worthy of a wilderness designation.

The forest service, to their dubious credit, just said fuck it, we're leaving everything how it is. WSA stays in place, bikes and snowmobiles still allowed. Which is fine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    That's awesome.
    And really, really rare. SOP is to expel all potential unfriendlies (re: anti-wilderness users) at the start of the WSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Drones. I think they are worse than Bluetooth speakers.
    I got up to Rolling Pass on Saturday and some nerd is flying his goddamn drone around. I’m just trying to eat my snack and enjoy the breezy, beautiful solitude and I’ve gotta listen to the annoying whine of that thing, not to mention, probably get caught on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

SAR volenteer told me they are using drones to look for people, the RPF's are using them for forestry

Yeah no shit. This was none of that. Just two bros making noise with their hobby drone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

someone took the trail signs from the trail system in Pagosa Springs. Was plagued by the evdog problem threw the socks away.
    off your knees Louie

So, I was riding alone deep in the woods last night, and actually had the thought that I wish I had a decently loud speaker setup, due to bears, cats, moose, etc. There have been more bear sightings/encounters here than I ever remember so far this fall.
    They are everywhere.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I was riding alone deep in the woods last night, and actually had the thought that I wish I had a decently loud speaker setup, due to bears, cats, moose, etc. There have been more bear sightings/encounters here than I ever remember so far this fall.
    They are everywhere.
    When I ride alone in places that I know aren't very trafficked (which even "heavily' trafficked trails in breck aren't really), I ride with a tiny speaker in my pocket partly for that reason. If I see someone I hit pause easily from outside the pocket.

I’ve thought about doing that with a podcast. I can only talk out loud so much.

https://mtbbell.com/?srsltid=AfmBOoq...sasBemldjF_dQz

Been pretty happy with this gizmo for critter and human polite heads-up. On/off with the switch. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike_Moore_Timber_Mt_Bike_Bell04189_JPEG_-_2048px_for_web_use_002_shorter_1000x.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	500043

i brought a bell to use on the Camino de Santiago, cuz I was passing >100 of them fucking catholics every day, they were all lost in contemplation or on their ipods or sft cuz I could hit that bell half a doz time but they never once were warned and so when you went by them they freaked which means they might grab you or jump in the way

the only sure fire way to warn them which worked every time was hit the rear brake to skid that back wheel about 30 meters out , not very polite but what can you do