Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    More good terrain is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Skiing View Post
    More good terrain is a good thing.
    Ya, it's not like there is any shortage of killer back country skiing all around CB, might as well get as much controlled in bounds off the ski area as possible. Too bad there isn't more potential for intermediate skiing though, the area needs a little more to keep Texas Johnny coming back and spending his $.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Ya, it's not like there is any shortage of killer back country skiing all around CB, might as well get as much controlled in bounds off the ski area as possible. Too bad there isn't more potential for intermediate skiing though, the area needs a little more to keep Texas Johnny coming back and spending his $.
    Looks like this expansion is adding a pretty significant amount of intermediate terrain actually. That's all CO ski areas are interested in anymore, any addition of black diamond are purely collateral and present liability concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Looks like this expansion is adding a pretty significant amount of intermediate terrain actually. That's all CO ski areas are interested in anymore, any addition of black diamond are purely collateral and present liability concerns.
    A-Basin has been getting after it but I get your point, that shit is expensive.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    except the expert terrain is what makes the news, because everyone likes to think they're an expert or will be soon. "New intermediate terrain" doesn't make nearly the same headlines as "New expert terrain".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    A-Basin has been getting after it but I get your point, that shit is expensive.
    That’s why I love the Basin so much. That is some badass north facing terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    Screw linking up Aspen's four mountains, let's get CB tied in Highlands to CB tram! I mean... it's cheaper than a heli ride over the Elks!

But really, I hope CB can stay independent with a MC partnership and not get caught up in the bigger pass war.
    I’d rather see it done with a series of chair lifts. There’s some killer terrain between them. We’d need Trumps help reversing those pesky wilderness areas though.

Wasn't all of this first proposed a few years ago? I seem to remember reading about this as far back as 2012-13 when I was living there.

Pretty sure that expansion was trying to get over into Snodgrass...

Maybe?^^^^

All i remember, is them wanting Snodgrass for Green runs and houses.

Maps don't show, but guessing they're gonna keep wrapping the bottom with houses on this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Maybe?^^^^

All i remember, is them wanting Snodgrass for Green runs and houses.

Maps don't show, but guessing they're gonna keep wrapping the bottom with houses on this expansion?
    All the ranchland on the east and north sides is permanently conserved, no houses there...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Definitely a fan of the expansion, that will be a good zone for intermediate skiing. The new North Face lift will head up from the flats between the top of East river and the bottom of Paradise, right over the top of Rambo. That lift will make the whole NF into a giant mogul field, even more than it sometimes is, thanks to greatly increased traffic. That part sucks..
    You have to admit that watching people fall down Rambo is going to be entertaining though.